As the days get shorter and the temperature drops, it's only natural to start thinking about holiday cheer, warm family getaways and winding things down until spring. Why press on over the winter when you can procrastinate?
As a builder, we see this every year: the summer is busy, the fall is busy, and then the winter is a construction black hole. No one wants to start until it gets warm! What many people don't know, however, is that there are many advantages to building and renovating through the winter.
Here are just a few reasons why you should avoid the winter procrastination trap:
1) Greater Efficiencies and Availability: More contractors are available and looking for work in the winter. This often results in better pricing and contractor availability for your project. That means tighter scheduling, less downtime and often a better overall cost.
2) Quicker Permitting: The winter isn't just slow for builders, it's also a ghost town at the permitting office. Start building in the winter and you can get shorter lead times on permits which amounts to less hassles and less waiting.
3) Less Disturbance to Your Customers: For many of our business clients, the winter is THEIR slow time, too. By beginning a project in the winter, you can take full advantage of your downtime with the least disruption to your customers.
4) Set Yourself Up for Success in the Spring: If your goal is to be building in the spring, winter is a great opportunity to start and finish the design, permit and pricing phases. Thus, when spring comes, we can get “boots on-site” right away.
5) We Work in the Cold: Foundations, framing, all interior work, some exterior work and even roofing are perfect examples of jobs that can be done throughout Winnipeg winters. As winter ends and spring approaches, this leaves us able to focus on patios, exterior painting and other minor weather-dependent jobs. This means we'll be out ASAP and your customers can be back in sooner for the patio season.
So why build in the winter? Procrastination is poor business! Wouldn't it feel great to say you had the most efficient winter on record? And wouldn’t you rather enjoy your summer running your business than spend it renovating?
Let’s take advantage of the full twelve months of 2018! Give me a call at (204) 942-6035 and let's chat about ways you can make the most of your winter.
Tags: winnipeg | qualified | guarantee | bonded | #trusttractus | contractor | craftsmanship | safety | hiring | proud winnipeger | worker safety | cor certified | health | winter | construction | cold | procrastination